Thursday, November 10, 2011

24 hour ultramarathon fundraiser

I'm really excited to announce that next Thursday, November 17, I will be raising money for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation by running a 24 hour ultramarathon. I hope within that time, I can run 130 miles non-stop. But more importantly, I hope I can raise $500 through this CFF fundraiser.

Here's the details as I plan them:
I'll start in the early morning on Thursday. I'll run as many laps of the Witch Hole Loop carriage trails as I can.
- Support - I will prepare all the food and drink I'll need and bring all the gear.
I'm hoping a few friends might show up with food or run a few laps with me.

- Fundraising - I just set up a page on the CF Foundation website here:
http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/SteveHumphreys7653
Goals- I hope to run exactly twice as long as I did in the Round MDI Fun Run. 130 miles to be exact. That's a steady mile pace of 11:04 (near my pace for the Pineland Farms 50 Miler). 11 minute miles for 24 hours. Whoo! Without injury, I know I will easily surpass 100 miles. I'm so excited about this that I find it amazing I didn't think of doing it any sooner. It's November in Maine...Now I'll have to deal with near-freezing temperatures during Thursday night. No biggy, I'm used to bundling up.

Okay, off to print out posters and spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment