Sunday, May 17, 2015

3 lessons learned from a long run

My long run today was great. I ran the Lenape Trail from South Mountain to Brookdale Park. 22 miles I estimate. It was hot, it was sweat-in-the-eyes, it was hardcore. I ran the same route in March through mud, snow, and ice. That was treacherous. That run took me 5:30. This run, with great surface conditions but hotter weather, took me 4:50. I learned three things from this run.
1. Do not chug 2 cans of pure coconut water on a long run. Little coconut devils will twist your intestines into knots.
2. When you get sick of drinking coconut water after 2 hours of running and finally come to a water fountain, do not chug water like it's the fountain of youth. This will have the same effect as lesson one.
3. Always say yes to free ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment