Sunday, April 8, 2012

Update #1

Happy Easter. Happy Passover.

This morning greets me roughly, as I find out just how many sore muscles ache in my body. I ran Saturday morning around 8 miles to the Schooner Head Road Overlook. Great wide view of the ocean (considering its low elevation). It was here that I remember the run around Mount Desert Island I accomplished last spring and the dark wet night I became lost at the Overlook. My, oh my, can one place look and feel so completely different as experienced during a dark confusing race night and a bright clear morning jog.

Oh, right. I'm sore not from the morning run itself, but from the exciting pickup soccer game at my college in the afternoon. I think the goals were less than 30 feet apart, which set me up for 1 hour of sprinting. Great fun.

I have been reading a book called, The Art of Encouragement, by Candy Paull, and it's wonderful. It's full of great quotes from a large swath of people, such as this one by Franklin Delano Roosevelt:

"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith."

Appreciate what you have, motivate yourself better, forgive others, use fear to your advantage...This book has it all for "living life from the heart." Here is my appreciation of late:

To everyone who has selected "attend" on my "24 hour fundrunner" event on Facebook to show support for my cause, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, I thank you very much. Your support reaffirms my belief that what I am trying to do is meaningful and important.

No comments:

Post a Comment